|Uni-Dot Fluorescent dot visible when eye aligned with barrel
The Next Generation of Fiber Optic Sights from Lyman
Uni-Dot is a breakthrough in optical gun sight technology. Its revolutionary design utilizes a special fiber optic rod which channels light down a narrow tube along the sight plane of the shotgun. A bright red or green fluorescent dot can be seen only when the gun is properly mounted and aligned with the shooter's aiming eye. Uni-Dot enables shooters to aim with both eyes focused on the target by providing (for the aiming eye only) a bright fluorescent dot that is perfectly aligned with the barrel. Uni-Dot also promotes proper gun mounting and shooting technique. If shooters mount their gun improperly or lift their head, the dot will disappear.
Ultra Bright interchangeable red and green fiber optic rods adapt the sight to match lighting conditions. Fits all ribbed shotguns. Available in both high shear strength adhesive mount which attaches firmly to the top of the rib, or in riblock, which snaps on and fits a specific rib size.
Turkey Hunters: Uni-Dot Technology delivers faster, more precise shotgun aiming
Like a glowing aperture sight, The Luma Ring
Sight provides a bright fluorescent dot encircled by a round circle of light when the sights are aligned. In addition to two brilliant interchangeable fiber optic rods (red and green), the sight utilizes the latest in chemical illumination (glow-in-the-dark) technology to provide precise sighting, even in the darkest of lighting conditions. The sight's body is constructed of rugged anodized aluminum and a polymer mounting rail, which snap on the rib of most shotguns. Also available with adhesive mount.
Luma Ring Sight features:
- Bright fiber optic Uni-Dot sight for rapid target acquisition
- Internal light stick assists low light and nighttime aiming
- Original sights remain in place
- Patented Uni-Dot provides the brightest "dot" in the industry, eliminates dominant eye cross-over.
- Positive "lock on" mounting requires no gunsmithing!
In addition to pinpoint sighting, the Luma Ring sight serves as a Target Distance Indicator
If the luminescent ring surrounds the tom...he is at 40 yards!
If the luminescent ring surrounds the buck...he is at 100 yards!
Click here for FAQ
- Dot Size: In general, the smaller the rod, the better the accuracy. For fast sighting on moving targets, a larger rod is best. For Trap/Skeet/Sporting Clayswe suggest the 2mm. For Hunting, or if you have a severe dominant eye crossover, we suggest the 3mm.
- Dot Color: Select a color which will contrast with your background color, for instance, if shooting in the woods, choose a red dot.
- Mounting Style: Riblock: Most secure mounting style. Sight will include an adhesive strip to reinforce the fit. Adhesive Mount: Ideal for someone looking for a low profile sight line.
- Determining Rib Size: To determine the proper sight, first measure the width of the ventilated rib on your shotgun. This may be done either by taking an accurate measurement or contacting your gun's manufacturer. Next, check the Uni-Dot model you prefer for the optimum sight for your shotgun.
- .230-.300" use 1/4" Riblock
- Beretta 303, 390 Field, 686, 687; Browning BPS, A5, BT99 Max/Plus, Citori Hunter, Upland Special; plus most other models with 1/4" wide ribs
- .301-.370" use 5/16" Riblock
- Benelli Super Black Eagle, Super 90; Browning Citori; Remington 870, 1100; Ruger Red Label; Winchester 101 Field Models, M12; plus most other models with 5/16" wide ribs
- .371-.435" use 3/8" Riblock
- Beretta 682, AL390 Sporting; Krieghoff K-80; Mossberg 500, 835, 5500, 9200; Winchester 1300, 1400; Wby O/U; plus most other models with 3/8" wide ribs
- .436-.600" use Adhesive Mount
- fits virtually any shotgun rib
- Mounting the Riblock Sight on a Shotgun or Slug Gun: Uni-Dot sights require no alterations to your shotgun. You may mount Uni-Dot anywhere along the rib of your shotgun. Uni-Dot is made of high impact plastic. With your thumbs, spread the sides of the Uni-Dot out slightly at the open end. Then lace the open end on the rib and press the Uni-Dot down onto the rib one inch at a time. The Uni-Dot will bend and mould onto your rib. We recommend reinforcing the sight with the supplied adhesive strip.